Serial Transnational Sites
A site "within the territory of different States Parties, which need not be contiguous and is nominated with the consent of all States Parties concerned (serial transnational property)" (Operational Guidelines) - This in contrast to Transboundary sites, which are contiguous and have their own Connection.
- Aggtelek and Slovak Karst
- Coa Valley and Siega Verde
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire
- Heritage of Mercury
- Jesuit Missions of the Guaranis
- Prehistoric Pile Dwellings 6 countries
- Primeval Beech Forests 3 countries
- Qhapaq Ñan 6 countries
- Silk Roads 3 countries (China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan)
- Stećci 4 countries (Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Croatia)
- Stone Circles of Senegambia
- Struve Geodetic Arc 10 countries (Ukraine Sweden Russia Norway Lithuania Latvia Finland Belarus Estonia)
- The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier 7 countries
- Western Tien-Shan 3 countries
- Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Serial Transnational Sites
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source