Hydro Power Stations
WHS containing a Hydro Power station whose presence within the site is closely related to it (as opposed to just being "present" within a city or landscape for instance).
- Crespi d'Adda "More serlous is the condition of the small hydroelectrlc power station, which ls an excellent example of early 20th centurv Art Nouveau architecture. lts technical equipment ls still in situ and plans are being prepared for its rehabilitation as an industrial heritage museum." (AB eval)
- Rhaetian Railway Section 2b7 of the Nomination File is titled "Power for the Albula and Bernina line: the power station buildings along the railway line" Because of the site's "strange" use of different "levels" of "Buffer zones" (Primary Buffer Zone, Buffer Zone in "Near" area and Buffer Zone in "Distant" Area or "back drop") which actually contribute towards the OUV it is not possible to identify within the Nomination file exactly which zone the various power stations reside in!
- Rjukan / Notodden "The Rjukan-Notodden Industrial Heritage Site comprises a cluster of pioneering hydro-electric power plants, transmission lines,....." (UNESCO)
- Shushtar "The mill site downstream from the dam underwent significant alteration 64 by local industry in the 20th century â€“ a hydroelectric power plant and a pumping station in particular. Built on the rock, these buildings lower the authenticity of the hydraulic landscape but without altering it irreversibly and remain compatible with its prime functions." (AB eval). A notice board inside the site with a UNESCO logo states "The electricity supply station of Mostofizadeh. Built in the 1940s this power station has been supplied electricity of urban area before construction of the Dez dam" (sic)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Hydro Power Stations
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source