Directly in Danger
Sites that were registered as WHS and listed on the Danger List simultaneously.
A special subgroup of these are sites that were processed following the "Emergency Procedure" in the Operational guidelines.
- Ashur Emergency Inscription
- Bam Cultural Landscape Emergency Inscription, after Earthquake Dec 26 2003
- Bamiyan Valley 2001 Buddha statues destroyed, 2003 inscribed and placed in danger
- Battir Emergency Inscription
- Bethlehem Emergency Inscription
- Chan Chan
- Kotor Right after earthquakes in April and May 1979
- Minaret of Jam Emergency Inscription
- Nan Madol
- Royal Palaces of Abomey After Tornado Mar 15 1984 - normal procedure after that
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Directly in Danger
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source