Expressionist architecture was an architectural movement that developed in Europe during the first decades of the 20th century in parallel with the expressionist visual and performing arts that especially developed and dominated in Germany. (wiki)
World Heritage Sites connected to Expressionist architecture
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District Kontorhaus District
- Sydney Opera House The Sydney Opera House in Sydney, Australia is one of the most iconic buildings in the world and one of the most recognisable examples of Expressionist architecture (wiki)
- Works of Antoni Gaudí Gaudí’s work is an exceptional creative synthesis of several 19th-century artistic schools, such as the Arts and Crafts movement, Symbolism, Expressionism, and Rationalism, and is directly associated with the cultural apogee of Catalonia. - Unesco
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Expressionist architecture
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source