Not under control of the nominating state
WHS proposed by a State Party that is not in control of the territory (anymore).
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria Site nominated by Syria (2011), but the area currently is under control of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- Bosra Site nominated by Syria (1980), but the area currently is under control of the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
- Hatra Site nominated by Iraq (1985), but the area currently is under control by ISIS (since 2014).
- Medieval Monuments in Kosovo Site nominated by Serbia (2004), but the area has been part of the de facto state of Kosovo since 2008.
- Old City of Jerusalem Site nominated by Jordan (1981), but the area is administered by Israel.
- Tauric Chersonese Site nominated by Ukraine (2013), but the area has been under Russian control since 2014 after annexation of the Crimea.
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Not under control of the nominating state
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source