WHS where Stars Wars was filmed.
- Mount Etna This active volcano was used as the background for the light saber battle between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in “Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith.” During filming, Mount Edna erupted and George Lucas sent his team to film the lava flows.
- Redwood Northern California's giant redwood forests doubled as home to the Ewoks on planet Endor.
- Royal Palace at Caserta 1997 Queen Amidala royal palace. 2002 episode 2: Attack of clones- Queen Jamillas palace.
- Sceilg Mhichíl The island served as a location for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and is featured in the film Star Wars : Episode 8.
- South China Karst The limestone karst mountains around Guilin were depicted as Kashyyyk, the Wookie planet shown in “Revenge Of The Sith.” It was the first time that a “Star Wars” movie had been filmed in Asia.
- Tikal National Park The ancient ruins of Tikal and the surrounded forest were depicted as the Rebel Alliance’s military base on the fourth moon of Yavin in “A New Hope”
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Star Wars
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source