- Garamba National Park papyrus swamps
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park the Mkuze and Mfolozi swamps with swamp forest, extensive reeds and papyrus wetlands (AB ev)
- Pompei The Herculaneum papyri: These papyri were found in Herculaneum in the eighteenth century, carbonized by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. (wiki) Link
- Syracuse Papyrus museum (by the end of the 18th century Syracuse had started to produce papyrus, ... on the Ciane River, of the only papyrus plants in a natural state in Europe) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Papyrus
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source