Viewable from another WHS
WHS which can be seen from another WHS. Excluding contiguous sites (which can obviously be seen across their mutual boundary!). Also multi-location sites if any of the locations are the same or are contiguous (even if not the chosen ones).
The view should be achievable as part of "normal" touristic viewing - thus it is not axiomatic that, if A can be seen from B, then B can be seen from A, since the view of B from A may be of parts of the site which are not accessible when visiting B.
- Agra Fort Can be seen from the terrace of the Taj Mahal
- Cape Floral Region Can be seen looking south across the bay from Robben Island
- Flemish Béguinages The Beguinage of Mechelen can be seen from the St. Romboutstoren (one of the Belfry WHS)
- Forth Bridge The tops of the superstructure can be seen from Edinburgh Castle e.g Link
- Garajonay The southern slopes of Garajonay NP are visible from the Teide peak but also from many locations within the Western part of Teide NP.
- Masjed-e Jâme' Masjed-e Jameh is viewable from the terrace of the Ali Qapu Palce in Maidan Emam Link
- Notre-Dame Cathedral in Tournai From the top of the belfry in Tournai Link
- Pyramids (Memphis) Pyramids can be seen from Cairo citadel Link
- Reims from Parc de la Butte Saint-Nicaise (St Nicase Hill) you can see the Basilique of St Remi (is actually in Buffer zone of Champagne WHS)
- Robben Island Can easily be seen from Cape Peninsular NP facing North (e.g from the top of Table Mountain or Signal Hill) within the Cape Floral Region.
- Sigiriya From Dambulla Link
- Taj Mahal Can be seen from Agra Fort 2.5kms away - e.g. most famously from Musamman Burj Link
- Teide National Park The entire mountain is visible from many points within Garajonay NP - most "famously" from its highest point.
- Wartburg Castle From Hainach's Wartburgblick (Beech Forests WHS) Link
- Works of Antoni Gaudí Sagrada Familia can be seen from the grounds inside the entrance of the Hospital de Sant Pau - looking down the Avenida de Gaudi which links the 2 Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Viewable from another WHS
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source