Theodor Wiegand (1864 - 1936) - "One of the most famous German Archaeologists" (Wiki). See
- Acropolis In 1894 he worked under Wilhelm Dörpfeld at the excavation of the Athenian Acropolis. (Wiki). Published "Die archaische Poros-Architektur der Akropolis zu Athen", German Academy of Sciences in Berlin, 1904
- Baalbek "He also finished the excavations at Baalbek in Lebanon and published the results." (Wiki) "Baalbek : Ergebnisse der Ausgrabungen und Untersuchungen in den Jahren" 1898 bis 1905, (as editor)
- Museumsinsel (Museum Island) Director of Antiquities on Berlin (1912-30) at the time of building of the Pergamon Museum
- Pergamon "He discovered, in 1927, the arsenals of the castle at the acropolis and excavated the large sanctuary of Asklepios outside the city." (Wiki). Published "Bericht über die Ausgrabungen in Pergamon" 1927, Berlin
- Pythagoreion and Heraion of Samos The Heraion "the full extent of the third temple's foundations were not revealed until Theodor Wiegand's campaign of 1910-14" (Wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Theodor Wiegand
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source