Takes more than 5 days to visit
WHS that take more than 5 days for a return trip, starting from an international airport.
- Aldabra Atoll Only accessible by ship, cruises take 2 to 3 weeks but also often include one or two other WHS such as Vallee de Mai and Zanzibar Link
- Bikini Atoll visitable by private yachts, or you could join a shipwreck diving tour - at least 3 days one way from Australia
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands 22 days cruise Link
- Heard and McDonald Islands 25 day cruise, if it ever runs Link
- Henderson Island The shortest cruise calling on this Island takes 25 days; it fortunately also stops at Easter Island (a 2nd WHS within 25 days) Link
- Macquarie Island Combined cruise with New Zealand Sub-Antarctic Islands, 14 days Link
- Ogasawara Islands Ferry from Tokyo takes (at least) 25 hours, return ferry starts 3 days later, so just over 5 days round trip Link
- Phoenix Islands by private or chartered yachts only, or a 15 day cruise Link
- Sub-Antarctic Islands Combined cruise with Macquarie Island, 14 days Link
- Wrangel Island Cruises take about 14 days for a roundtrip Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Takes more than 5 days to visit
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source