Republic of Venice
The Republic was an Italian state originating from the city of Venice. It existed from the late 7th century until the late 18th century.
- Botanical Garden, Padua
- Butrint The triangular fortress (Angevin and Venetian period) and a Venetian defensive tower
- Cathedral of St. James in Sibenik
- Euphrasian Basilica in Porec Porec was Venetian for over 500 years
- Ferrara Comacchio was part of the Republic of Venice between 1508 and 1598
- Mystras Occupied from 1687 to 1715
- Venice and its Lagoon
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Republic of Venice
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source