ASM Historical Landmarks
ASM Historical Landmarks identify the many sites and events that have played a prominent part in the discovery, development and growth of metals and metalworking. In 1987, the scope of ASM Historical Landmarks was broadened to include all engineered materials.
- Blaenavon Industrial Landscape Blaenavon Iron Works (1985)
- Cistercian Abbey of Fontenay Forge of Fontenay (1996)
- Independence Hall The Liberty Bell (2006)
- Ironbridge Gorge The Iron Bridge, Telford (1984)
- L'Anse aux Meadows L'Anse aux Meadows (2003)
- Mexico City and Xochimilco Palacio de Mineria (1982)
- Paris, Banks of the Seine The Eiffel Tower (1989)
- Qutb Minar The Delhi Iron Pillar (2013)
- Statue of Liberty Statue of Liberty (1986)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to ASM Historical Landmarks
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source