Sites that were part of the Phoenician cultural empire or trading world.
- Byblos Phoenician city-state
- Caves of Maresha and Bet Guvrin Phoenician presence (AB ev)
- Crac des Chevaliers Qal'at Salah El-Din
- Ibiza Port founded by Phoenician settlers in 654 BC
- Kasbah of Algiers Phoenician commercial outpost
- Kerkuane Important Phoenician city-state
- Leptis Magna Founded by Phoenician colonists ca. 1100 BC
- Medina of Sousse Founded by the Phoenicians
- Sabratha Founded as a Phoenician trading-post ca. 500 BC
- Site of Carthage Founded by the Phoenicians
- Tipasa Founded by the Phoenicians
- Tyre Phoenician city-state
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Phoenician world
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source