Extended from original TWHS
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria Originally only Qal' at Sem'an (Saint-Symeon).
- Berlin Modernism Housing Estates Originally only Hufeisensiedlung.
- Central Highlands Originally only Peak Wilderness Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Cerrado Protected Areas Originally only Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (1999).
- Dengfeng Originally only Songshan. An extended nomination followed a referral of the original nomination in 2009.
- Ferapontov Monastery Originally only Rojdestva Bogoroditsy Cathedral.
- Ibiza Originally only D'alt Vila. An extended nomination followed a rejection in 1987.
- Incense Route of the Negev Originally only Shivta (Sobota).
- Kasbah of Algiers Dey's Palace at Algiers
- Longobards in Italy Originally only Cividale del Friuli
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy Originally only those in Turin
- Sacri Monti of Piedmont and Lombardy Originally only 4 sacri monti (Varallo, Orta, Cerveno and Varese)
- South China Karst Originally Lunan Stone Forest Scenic Zone. A serial proposal followed a rejection of the original nomination in 1992.
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District 20 September 1999 (Chilehaus), 1 February 2007 (extended to include Speicherstadt and the Kontorhaus district)" (AB)
- The Persian Qanat Only Gonabad qanat was originally proposed
- Upper Middle Rhine Valley Originally only Ehrenbreitstein Fortress in Koblenz.
- Venice and its Lagoon Originally only Torcello.
- Waterton Glacier International Peace Park Originally only the American part. A transnational proposal followed a deferral of the original nomination in 1985.
- Wooden Churches of the Slovak Carpathians Originally only Kezmarok.
- Xanthos-Letoon Originally only Xanthos. Letoon added at inscription
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Extended from original TWHS
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source