World Heritage Sites connected to Archaeological potential
- Al Zubarah "Excavation has only taken place over a small part of the site"
- Choirokoitia "Since only part of the site has been excavated, it forms an exceptional archaeological reserve for future study"
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor "No doubt thousands of statues still remain to be unearthed at this archaeological site"
- Neolithic Orkney "together with a number of unexcavated burial, ceremonial and settlement sites"
- Pyu Ancient Cities "The three cities are partly excavated archaeological sites"
- Ruins of León Viejo "Moreover, the site has immense archaeological potential"
- Ruins of Loropéni "The property which was finally deserted in the early 19th century is expected to yield much more information"
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Archaeological potential
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source