Kurdistan is a geo-cultural region wherein the Kurdish people form a prominent majority population. It consists of parts of Turkey, Iraq, Iran and Syria.
- Ancient villages of Northern Syria Most are within the Afrin Canton, which "seems to have seen Kurdish settlement by at least the 18th century" (wiki) and is under Kurdish autonomous control since 2014. Link
- Armenian Monastic Ensembles In Iranian Kurdistan (St. Thaddeus)
- Bisotun In Iranian Kurdistan
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens Turkish Kurdistan
- Erbil Citadel In the Autonomous Republic of Iraqi Kurdistan
- Nemrut Dag In Turkish Kurdistan
- Takht-e Soleyman Seen as part of 'Greater Kurdistan' Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Kurdistan
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source