Sites on the current or historic North Sea coast or situated on its tidewaters.
- Beemster Polder Beemster Lake had an open connection with the Zuiderzee until 1612 when the Polder got dry Link
- Defence Line of Amsterdam Pampus is a fort on a man-made island situated on what was the Pampus shallows or sandbank in the then Zuiderzee (a shallow bay of the North Sea until 1932)
- Forth Bridge the Forth Estuary is still tidal
- Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal Used to be located directly at the shore of the Zuiderzee Link
- Maritime Greenwich Along the Thames, which is subject to tidal activity from the North Sea
- Schokland Schokland is a former island in the Dutch Zuiderzee (a shallow bay of the North Sea until 1932)
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District " Speicherstadt - You can travel the narrow canals in small barges to savour the architectural details if the tide is right." (Hamburg-travel.com)
- Wadden Sea
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to North Sea
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source