Recommended for combination by AB
Separate WHS where the AB advised to pursue one combined WHS.
- Huanglong With nearby Jiuzhaigou
- Jesuit Missions of Trinidad and Jesus AB Eval 1993 - "That the inscription of this group of properties on the List be referred back to the Government of Paraguay, who should be invited to give consideration to resubmitting this nomination (omitting Santos Cosme y Damian) as an extension of the existing joint Argentinian-Brazilian inscription, under the title "Jesuit Missions of the Guayra", and the redefinition of the buffer zones. " The recorded decison was "The Committee inscribed the site on the World Heritage List under criterion (iv). The Committee invited Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay to consider a joint inscription of the Jesuit missions on their territories. The Delegate of Brazil would welcome a joint conservation effort and announced that such an initiative was being taken in the context of MERCOSUR."
- Los Katios National Park IUCN ev "The addition of Los Katios to the existing Darien National Park and World Heritage site will have several important benefits..... Los Katios should be added to the World Heritage List on the basis of criteria ii and iv and it should be inscribed as a transfrontier site with Panama's Darien National Park. " And the minuted decision: "The Committee inscribed this site, which adjoins Darien World Heritage site in Panama, and represents a rich biota comprising elements of both the North and the South America and is a centre of endemism for flora and fauna. The Committee commended both the Colombian and the Panamanian Governments for the bilateral cooperative management agreement and recommended that the two States Parties consider the inscription of the transfrontier site as a single entry on the List."
- Stralsund and Wismar With LÃ¼beck
- Sundarbans National Park Future inclusion of the reserves on the Bangladesh side to form an international Sundarbans Mangrove Reserve World Heritage Site should be encouraged (AB ev)
- The Sundarbans As the adjacent Sundarbans National Park in India is already inscribed on the World Heritage List, the authorities in both countries should be encouraged to agree to the joint listing of the site as a transfiontier World Heritage property. (AB ev)
- Val d'Orcia "Pienza a key part of the Val d'Orcia is already a WHS and will become surrounded by the Val d'Orcia if it is inscribed. Consideration should be given to combining the 2 sites" (ICOMOS)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Recommended for combination by AB
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source