The Jurassic is a geologic period and system that extends from 201.3- 0.6 Ma (million years ago) to 145- 4 Ma; from the end of the Triassic to the beginning of the Cretaceous. The Jurassic constitutes the middle period of the Mesozoic Era, also known as the Age of Reptiles.
- Dorset and East Devon Coast The property's geology displays approximately 185 million years of the Earth's history, including a number of internationally important fossil localities. (Nom file)
- Maloti Drakensberg When Gondwanaland began to break up 200 million years ago, the resultant forces caused the extrusion of magma, known as Drakensberg lava, through fissures and cracks in the Earth's surface. (Wiki)
- Mount Nimba Mount Nimba is part of an ancient mountain range, the Guinean range, which was upthrust between the end of the Jurassic and the end of the Eocene
- Mount Wuyi Mount Wuyi's Danxia landform developed mainly between the Jurassic Period and the Tertiary Period in the red horizontal or slightly declining strata Link
- Tsingy de Bemaraha Les formations des Tsingy remontent à la séparation de l'Île de Madagascar de la plaque africaine, il y a 160 millions d'années. (Wiki)
- Western Ghats The Western Ghats region demonstrates speciation related to the breakup of the ancient landmass of Gondwanaland in the early Jurassic period; secondly to the formation of India into an isolated landmass and the thirdly to the Indian landmass being pushed together with Eurasia (nom file)
- Wet Tropics of Queensland The Wet Tropics contains one of the most complete and diverse living records of the major stages in the evolution of land plants, from the very first pteridophytes more than 200 million years ago to the evolution of seed-producing plants including the cone-bearing cycads and southern conifers (gymnosperms), followed by the flowering plants (angiosperms). (Unesco)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Jurassic
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source