WHS where the number of visitors either per day or in total at any one time is officially limited (whether or not it is properly implemented) across the entire site Excluding sites where a limit only applies to a particular area within the inscribed site. Excluding limits "recommended" by ICOMOS/IUCN etc where there is no evidence that these recommendations have been accepted.
- Brazilian Atlantic Islands 420 at any one time (Fernando de Noronha) Link
- Granada To Alhambra: 6,600 people each day Link
- Hal Saflieni Hypogeum "Following consultation with UNESCO a limit of 80 admissions per day has been set, and this in order to prevent irreparable damage to such a sensitive and unique site. Heritage Malta cannot and will not go beyond this limit"
- Lord Howe Island 400 at any one time Link
- Machu Picchu "Machu Picchu tickets are NOT sold at the entrance gate and are limited to 2500 per day" (Wikitravel)
- Mount Athos "If you are a member of the laity (i.e. not ordained), either Orthodox or otherwise, you must organise your visit through the Mt Athos Pilgrim's office in Thessaloniki. Pilgrims are admitted to Athos on a daily basis that is composed of two quotas: 120 Orthodox pilgrims and 10 non-Orthodox visitors may enter Athos each day, "
- Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River 700 Link
- Santa Maria delle Grazie Visits last 15 minutes and must be pre-booked; no more than 30 people each turn. Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Visitor Limits
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source