Statue of the legendary figure Roland, popular in the Middle Ages in Europe and symbolizing city rights.
- Dubrovnik Dating from ca. 1396, replaced in 1419
- Prague One of the statues on the Charles Bridge, replacing the original in 1884
- Quedlinburg Dating from ca. 1460, restored in 1869
- Riga Dating from ca. 1412, now in a museum and replaced with a replica at the city square
- Town Hall and Roland, Bremen Dating from ca. 1366, replaced in 1404 and 1512
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Roland statue
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source