The Proterozoic is a geological eon representing the time just before the proliferation of complex life on Earth. It extended from 2,500 Ma to 542.0-1.0 Ma (million years ago), and is the most recent part of the informally named "Precambrian" time. (wiki)
- Air and Téneré La zone du socle précambrien de l'Aïr est composée de dépôts de roches sédimentaires plissées et métamorphisées (gneiss, schistes) et de roches volcaniques datant du Protérozoïque inférieur. (wiki fr)
- Canaima National Park The oldest rocks are Precambrian and, around 1700 million years old, are some of the oldest on the planet (crit vii)
- Mistaken Point the middle Ediacaran, 580 to 560 million years ago
- Vredefort Dome The crater's age is estimated to be 2.023 billion years (~ 4 million years), which places it in the Paleoproterozoic era. (Wiki)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Proterozoic
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source