The Cambrian explosion was the relatively rapid appearance, around 542 million years ago, of most major animal phyla, as demonstrated in the fossil record (wiki)
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks Burgess Fossil Shale (The biota of the Burgess Shale appears to be typical of Middle Cambrian deposits - Wiki)
- Chengjiang Fossil Site Chengjiang's fossils present the most complete record of an early Cambrian marine community with exceptionally preserved biota (Brief Description)
- Grand Canyon Link
- Lena Pillars The site also contains a wealth of Cambrian fossil remains of numerous species, some of them unique (Brief Description)
- Mistaken Point
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Cambrian Explosion
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source