WHS which are, or have been, "significant" to more than one religion.
Excluding cities/towns which merely contain buildings belonging to multiple religions which are of no particular significance in religious or historical terms.
- Bolgar Islam and Russian Orthodox
- Champaner-Pavagadh Hinduism, Jainism and Islam. Pavagadh hill is a Pilgimage site for Gujeratis from all 3 religions. The Kalika Mata Temple is Muslim/Hindu and there are also Jain temples. Link
- Ellora Caves Hindusim, Buddhism and Jainism. The site contains monastic caves of all 3 religions
- Fujisan Shinto & Buddhism: "ICOMOS considers that what is significant is the awe that Fujisan's majestic form inspired and the way that this was transformed into religious practices that linked Shintoism and Buddhism, people and nature, and symbolic death and re-birth"
- Istanbul Christianity and Islam, Capital of Byzantium (Hagia Sophia) and of the Ottoman Caliphate (Blue Mosque)
- Kazan Kremlin Crit iv - "showing the impact of Islam and Christianity."
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex Buddhism and Hinduism. Both religions claim "rights" at the complex
- Old City of Jerusalem Judaism, Christianity and Islam. (Site of Jewish Temple, Crucification of Christ, Mohammed's "Night Journey" to Heaven)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Multiple Religions
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source