Extended from a single national inscription
Transnational sites which are extensions from a single National inscription.
- Belfries Originally Flemish Belfries (Belgium)
- Coa Valley and Siega Verde Originally Coa Valley (Portugal)
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire Originally Hadrian's Wall (UK)
- High Coast / Kvarken Archipelago Originally High Coast (Sweden)
- Maloti Drakensberg In 2013 extended from South Africa to Lesotho
- Monte San Giorgio Inscribed by Switzerland in 2003. Extended to Italy in 2010
- Mount Nimba Originally only Guinea
- Rome Inscribed as "Historic Centre of Rome" in 1980. Extended to include Holy See properties in 1990
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Extended from a single national inscription
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source