Historic Civil Engineering Landmarks
WHS listed in whole or part on the "Register of Historic Civil Engineering Landmarks" maintained by the "American Society of Civil Engineers" (ASCE).
For the full list by country (alternative views by category etc are also available) see - link.
- Forth Bridge Forth Railway Bridge (1985)
- Glacier parks "Going to the Sun road" Link
- Grand Canyon Navajo Bridge Link
- Hwaseong Fortress Link
- Ironbridge Gorge Link
- Istanbul Hagia Sophia Link
- Machu Picchu For Urban Development Link
- Mesa Verde Prehistoric Reservoirs. For Water Supply and Control Link
- Oporto Ponte Maria Bridge Link
- Paris, Banks of the Seine Eiffel Tower Link
- Petra For Water Supply and Control Link
- Querétaro For Water Supply and Control (Aqueduct) Link
- Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras For Water Supply and Control Link
- Segovia Aqueduct For Water Supply and Control Link
- Statue of Liberty Link
- Victoria Falls Victoria Falls Bridge Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Historic Civil Engineering Landmarks
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source