Sites where commercial seal hunting has taken or still takes place.
World Heritage Sites connected to Seal Hunting
- Heard and McDonald Islands 1855-1880
- High Coast / Kvarken Archipelago Kvarken Archipelago: seals were hunted in the past by locals, there's a display on it in the TerraNova museum in Vaasa
- Ilulissat Icefjord Link
- Macquarie Island 1810-1920
- Sub-Antarctic Islands Campbell Island (1810-1840s); island was discovered in 1810 by Captain Frederick Hasselborough of the sealing brig Perseverance
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Seal Hunting
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- be explained, with reference to a source