A Sea Stack is a geological landform consisting of a steep and often vertical column or columns of rock in the sea near a coast, isolated by erosion.
- Dorset and East Devon Coast Old Harry Rocks
- Galapagos Islands Kicker Rock (off San Cristobal). See No 7 at link Link
- Gough and Inaccessible Islands "....and there are numerous offshore islets, stacks and rocks - most within 100 m of the main island, and none at a distance greater than 1 km." (UNESCO web site)
- Lord Howe Island Ball's Pyramid
- St. Kilda Stac an Armin
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Sea Stacks
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source