WHS that include a minaret that is remarkable for its age, size (>50m) or otherwise. Reason must be given.
- Agadez a lofty minaret made entirely of mudbrick (AB ev)
- Aleppo Great Mosque of Aleppo: it has a Seljuk minaret which was completed in 1090
- Bolgar The minaret of this former mosque collapsed in 1841 but was reconstructed in the year 2000 on the basis of historical drawings made on site in 1827. The new minaret was reerected on its original foundations and integrates historic stones, which belonged to the original minaret. (AB ev)
- Damascus Umayyad Mosque: the Minaret of Jesus (Madhanat Isa), located on the eastern corner of the mosque complex, is around 77 meters in height (wiki) Link
- Istanbul Süleymaniye Mosque - 72m
- Kairouan The massive minaret of the Great Mosque of Kairouan in Tunisia is the oldest standing minaret. Its construction began during the first third of the 8th century and was completed in 836 CE (wiki)
- Kunya-Urgench Kutlug-Timur Minaret, 60m high
- Medina of Marrakesh Koutoubia minaret, 77m high Link
- Minaret of Jam 65m high
- Qutb Minar 72.5m high, and also the tallest brick minaret in the world (wiki)
- Samarra its minaret, the Malwiya Tower, is a vast spiralling cone 52 meters high and 33 meters wide with a spiral ramp (wiki) Link
- Selimiye Mosque with its four soaring minarets it dominates the city skyline (OUV)
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Notable minarets
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source