Vice Admiral William Bligh was an officer of the British Royal Navy and a colonial administrator. A historic mutiny occurred during his command of HMS Bounty in 1789. Fifteen years after the Bounty mutiny, he was appointed Governor of New South Wales in Australia. (wiki)
- Australian Convict Sites Lived at Government House, Parramatta whilst governor of NSW
- Great Barrier Reef During his "open boat voyage" to Timor after the Mutiny on the Bounty he sailed through its waters and landed at several islands including, from 28-31 May 1789, "Restoration Island" which was named by him Link
- Sub-Antarctic Islands The Bounty Islands - discovered by Bligh in 1788 whilst on his way to Tahiti and named after his ship
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to William Bligh
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source