WHS associated with a language isolate: a language isolate is a language who cannot be shown to belong to any language family. Unattested languages such as Harappan are excluded.
- Ahwar of Southern Iraq Sumerian (Ur)
- Biblical Tells Sumerian dictionary has been uncovered in Tel Hazor and Sumerian is an isolate
- Chan Chan Mochica (sometimes connected to some poorly attested extinct languages to form Chimuan) Link
- Etruscan Necropolises Etruscan Link
- Hattusha While Hittite is an Indo-European language, Hattic of the Hatti people who first built Hattusa is an isolate (sometimes connected to Northwest Caucasian) Link
- Jesuit Missions of the Chiquitos Chiquitano Link
- Meroe Meroitic (debated if it's isolate or not, sometimes connected to Afro-Asiatic) Link
- Redwood Karuk (sometimes connected to many small language families of North and Mesoamerica to form the hypothetical Hokan family) Link
- SGang Gwaay Haida (isolate is controversial, sometimes connected to Na-Dene) Link
- Tchogha Zanbil Elamite (sometimes connected to the Dravidian languages of south India) Link
- Tiwanaku It is assumed the language used by the Tiwanaku was Puquina, a language isolate that used to be spoken around Lake Titicaca.
- Yuso and Suso Monasteries Basque (Suso is the older of the two monasteries, and it is the site where phrases in the Spanish and Basque languages were written for the first time) (Basque is sometimes connected to Northeast Caucasian) Link
Do you know of another WHS we could connect to Language isolate
A connection should:
- Not be "self evident"
- Link at least 3 different sites
- Not duplicate or merely subdivide the "Category" assignment already identified on this site.
- Add some knowledge or insight (whether significant or trivial!) about WHS for the users of this site
- Be explained, with reference to a source