Frontiers of the Roman Empire - The Danube Limes in Bulgaria
Frontiers of the Roman Empire - The Danube Limes in Bulgaria is part of the Tentative list of Bulgaria in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.
Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the state party.
- ●● Tentative
The coordinates shown for all tentative sites were produced as a community effort. They are not official and may change on inscription.
Share your experiences!
Have you been to Frontiers of the Roman Empire - The Danube Limes in Bulgaria? Click here to add your own review.
- Full name: Frontiers of the Roman Empire - The Danube Limes in Bulgaria
- Country: Bulgaria
2016 - Submitted
In the News
The site has 35 locations. Show all
- "Archaeological reserve ""Ancient town Novae"""
- Ancient and medieval fortress Candidiana
- Ancient and medieval settlement Kynton
- Ancient and medieval settlement latrus
- Ancient fortress and prehistoric settlement
- Ancient fortress and settlement Transmarisca
- Ancient fortress Augustae
- Ancient fortress Sexaginta prista
- Ancient fortress Tegra/Tigra
- Ancient fortress Tegulicium
- Ancient fortress Trimammium
- Ancient settlement Durostorum - Drastar
- Ancient town and necropolis Aimus
- East end at the city of Silistra
- Late Antiquity and medieval fortress
- Late Antiquity and medieval fortress Mediolana/ Pirgus
- Late Antiquity fortress Asamus
- Late antiquity fortress Quintodimum
- Late roman fort at the location Gredata
- Roma fortress Valeriana
- Roman fortress Cebrus/Kebros
- Roman fortress Nigrinianis
- Roman fortress Regianum/Bigrane
- Roman quarry for limestone
- Roman road section with pavement Dolni Vadin- Baykal, 7.1km lenght
- Roman road section with pavement Nikopol - Dargash,?3.6 km length
- Roman road track without pavement Oescus - Utus, 16.96 km length
- Roman road track without pavement Popina - Vetren, 5.09 km length
- Roman road track without pavement?Somovit - Cherkovitza,?5.08?km length
- Roman town Colonia Ulpia Oescus
- Roman town Colonia Ulpia Traiana Ratiaria
- Roman town Dimum
- Roman town Palatiolum
- Vidin (Bononia) Roman town
- West end at the Timok river mouth