Atikaki / Woodland Caribou / Accord First Nations (Pimachiowin Aki)
Atikaki / Woodland Caribou / Accord First Nations (Pimachiowin Aki) is part of the Tentative list of Canada in order to qualify for inclusion in the World Heritage List.
Click here for a short description of the site, as delivered by the state party.
- ●● Tentative
The coordinates shown for all tentative sites were produced as a community effort. They are not official and may change on inscription.
Share your experiences!
Have you been to Atikaki / Woodland Caribou / Accord First Nations (Pimachiowin Aki)? Click here to add your own review.
2016 - Referred
2016 - Advisory Body overruled
Inscription was proposed, but Canada pleaded for a referral due to changes in the management of the corporation that maintains it.
2013 - Deferred
As Pimachiowin Aki (refine and strengthen the boundaries & further look into spiritual relationship with nature)
2004 - Submitted
- » Canadian First Nations Seek to Protect Forest Homeland
In the News
- » Ontario First Nation pulls out of Pimachiowon Aki bid (July 2016)
- » Bipole III route could go through proposed WHS Pimachiowin Aki (June 2016)
- » New hope for Pimachiowin Aki bid (June 2014)
- » Pimachiowin Aki Boreal-forest bid revamped (January 2014)
- » Indigenous leaders react on cultural dismissal of Pimachiowin Aki (May 2013)
- » Pimachiowin Aki: co-management of land resources with aboriginal peoples (January 2013)