Rock Art in the Hail Region
Rock Art in the Hail Region of Saudi Arabia covers two sites with petroglyphs and inscriptions northwest and south of the city of Hail.
The two locations are:
- Jabal Umm Sinman, Jubbah
- Jabal al-Manjor and Jabal Raat, Shuwaymis
Share your experiences!
Have you been to Rock Art in the Hail Region? Click here to add your own review.
Full name: Rock Art in the Hail Region of Saudi Arabia
2015 - InscribedReasons for inscription
The site has 6 connections.
- Desert Cultural Landscapes Great Nafud Desert
- Writing systems The introduction of Thamudic writing, probably about 3000 years ago, is documented in thousands of inscriptions (AB ev)
- Built in the 9th millennium BC the record of surviving rock art commences shortly after 10,000 years ago (AB ev)
- Recently discovered The Shuwaymis sites, although always known to the local Bedouin, were officially rediscovered only in 2001 (AB ev)
World Heritage Process
- Upstream process Pilot project