General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /

Most Popular Site You Haven't Visited / Least Popular Site You Have

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  
Author clyde
Registered
#31 | Posted: 10 Jul 2017 14:40 
Solivagant

I'm definitely not interested in visiting most of Africa's natural WHS apart from maybe in Tanzania, Kenya, Namibia, Madagascar, Botswana and South Africa mostly because I'm more into cultural sites. The 400 most visited sites, I'll likely visit.

Moreover, whenever I visit all WHS of a country and an industrial heritage site is added, most probably I won't bother. Obviously, it should be "easier" for me not to leave potential WHS behind because I started travelling at a later stage with 900+ whs already inscribed, but still there's always a potential 'outstanding' mine or mill which could get inscribed!

Author nfmungard
Registered
#32 | Posted: 10 Jul 2017 15:42 
clyde:
Moreover, whenever I visit all WHS of a country and an industrial heritage site is added, most probably I won't bother. Obviously, it should be "easier" for me not to leave potential WHS behind because I started travelling at a later stage with 900+ whs already inscribed, but still there's always a potential 'outstanding' mine or mill which could get inscribed!

Will be again an interesting discussion at the meet up :) My successes with tentative sites are rather limited (3 this year and I am sure I saw way more than that since 2016). So nowadays I will see if it works itinerary wise, but not go to too great lengths to see a TWHS unless it's a shoe in (e.g Bagan, Plain of Jars). The type of site is less important than the reachability.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS / Most Popular Site You Haven't Visited / Least Popular Site You Have Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®