What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /

Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Page  Page 11 of 15:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next »  
Author winterkjm
Registered
#151 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 10:08 
nfmungard:
Are Portugal and Switzerland serious??

My thoughts as well, but I do believe their candidate list will narrow (hopefully significantly).

Author nfmungard
Registered
#152 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 11:07 | Edited by: nfmungard 
winterkjm:
their candidate list will narrow (hopefully significantly).

Are there any gaps identified by ICOMOS left for Switzerland and Portugal? But well, hopefully the new guidelines will reign this a bit in, too.

Author Khuft
Registered
#153 | Posted: 9 Jan 2017 12:58 
nfmungard:
Are Portugal and Switzerland serious??

I believe this list includes all the sites Switzerland considered, but only two (The ancient beech forests of Bettlachstock (SO) and the Lodano Valley (TI); -The bridge over the Salgina gorge (GR)) made the cut and will be proposed as TL sites.

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#154 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 09:50 
Kaunas 1919-1939: The Capital Inspired by the Modern Movement

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6166/

Author Walter
Registered
#155 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 17:32 | Edited by: Walter 
nfmungard:
Are Portugal and Switzerland serious?? .

Swiss government press release clearly states that only two sites will be proposed on the TL in the next years:
Beech forests and Salgina bridge.
The press release has no english translation so far:
http://www.bak.admin.ch/aktuelles/03123/05763/06013/index.html?lang=fr

Author winterkjm
Registered
#156 | Posted: 18 Jan 2017 03:04 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Canadian deadline for nominations for the new Tentative List ends January 27. Here are 3 nominations that are exploring bids.

Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ontario)

Salish Sea (British Columbia)

Anticosta Island (Quebec)

Author winterkjm
Registered
#157 | Posted: 24 Jan 2017 01:11 
Budj Bim Cultural Landscape (Australia)

Official, seemingly just waiting to be published on the UNESCO webpage. I am surprised that I am not hearing from any other "official" Australian nominations? I expected more than one site from the candidates we previously idenitified, no?

https://www.environment.gov.au/minister/frydenberg/media-releases/mr20170120.html

Author winterkjm
Registered
#158 | Posted: 24 Jan 2017 01:17 
Canada's deadline for submitting world heritage nominations (for the 2017 Update) is fast approaching, I do hope an inventory of interested properties are eventually published.

"All applications for inclusion on the Tentative List must be received by January 27, 2017." - Parks Canada

Author Euloroo
Registered
#159 | Posted: 24 Jan 2017 04:59 | Edited by: Euloroo 
winterkjm
Not necessarily. Each potential site needs to be proposed and championed by the respective State Government. This is therefore dependant on the political complextion of the State Government and Senate which will typically change at least once through the nomination process. Then each site needs to go through a lengthy review process to achieve National Heritage List Status - although several goers are already on that list. Also many sites need the agreement of the traditional owners which is usually a complex and lengthy process.

Author Durian
Registered
#160 | Posted: 24 Jan 2017 20:47 
winterkjm:
Budj Bim Cultural Landscape (Australia)

Great! Thank you, perfect time as I was in dilemma to visit this site in the next two weeks while I will travel from Melbourne to Perth.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#161 | Posted: 25 Jan 2017 00:44 
What does this mean for Thailand? New tentative nomination or official submission?

http://www.posttoday.com/social/general/477491

Author winterkjm
Registered
#162 | Posted: 25 Jan 2017 05:34 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Budj Bim Cultural Landscape (20/01/2017) Australia

Its now updated on the UNESCO webpage, the first update to Australia's Tentative List in 7 years.

Author Durian
Registered
#163 | Posted: 25 Jan 2017 20:21 
winterkjm:
New tentative nomination or official submission?

It is a cabinet approval for adding site in the tentative list.

Author Durian
Registered
#164 | Posted: 25 Jan 2017 21:00 | Edited by: Durian 

Author winterkjm
Registered
#165 | Posted: 25 Jan 2017 22:51 

Page  Page 11 of 15:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next » 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? / Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update) Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®