About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /

WHS Meetup 2017

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »  
Author nfmungard
Registered
#31 | Posted: 4 Jul 2017 06:47 
kintante:
However I'd like to see Ceuta. Seems more appealing than Tanger. Would it be an option to take the ferry to Tanger, go to Tetouan by taxi, take another taxi to Ceuta and from there the ferry back to Algeciras?

I seem to recall that most ferries to Tanger go via Tarifa (you can take a shuttle bus from Algeciras). Personally, I would prefer to stick to two locatios, Tetouan and Ceuta. There are at least 10 ferries daily costing 60€.

Author tsunami
Registered
#32 | Posted: 7 Jul 2017 12:11 | Edited by: tsunami 
I also prefer the Agraciras - Ceuta - Tetouan route.

At Ceuta, which is a Spanish territory, it sounds like we will be taking a cab from the ferry port to the border (4 km), walk through the Spainish and Moroccan customs, and take another cab for 40 km to Tetouan, which supposedly costs 5 Euros per ride after a hard negotiation. I read bus is not recommended as it is slow and hot inside.

Author kintante
Registered
#33 | Posted: 11 Jul 2017 02:42 
Sounds good. If we can avoid Tanger that's good for me too. Currently the direct options I found for Algeciras-Ceuta-Algeciras are following (price per person for the return trip):
07:30-08:30 / 20:00-21:30 - 67 EUR
06:00-07:00 or 08:00-09:30 / 17:30-18:30 - 60 EUR
06:00-07:00 or 08:00-09:30 / 20:00-21:30 - 60 EUR
07:50-09:00 / 19:15-20:25 - 60 EUR

Author tsunami
Registered
#34 | Posted: 1 Aug 2017 18:05 

Author elsslots
Admin
#35 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 12:33 
To all participants: I hope to finalize the programme in a few days, and send the practical details out to those who have indicated to participate. Unfortunately there's no space anymore to receive additional persons on Day 1 (Gibraltar part).

In the mean time, I could use some help with organizing at least a bit of the Tetouan part of the journey. Anyone with a recommendation for a guide, a lunch restaurant or something else that we can do as a group? Or someone who likes to volunteer as a "guide" for this day? Just walking around aimlessly with 20 people maybe is not a good idea.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#36 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 10:08 
Oops... My airline just went broke :/ apparently they will operate for another 3 months, though.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#37 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 12:36 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
AirBerlin?

Just out of interest where are people staying on the Friday night, after Gorham's Cave but before heading to Morocco?

Author elsslots
Admin
#38 | Posted: 15 Aug 2017 13:07 
meltwaterfalls:
Just out of interest where are people staying on the Friday night, after Gorham's Cave but before heading to Morocco?

I stay at La Linea for both nights, and then drive to Algeciras in a rental car (3 spots left in the car!!)

Author kintante
Registered
#39 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 02:41 
La Linea as well. Staying close to the boarder so I can leave my car in the hotel on Friday and walk. Have 2 spots in my car for Algeciras if needed.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#40 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 04:12 
Reserved at AC Hotel La Linea, but I wanted to check back if the rates had improved in the meantime as this is rather pricey.

Seat in car would be appreciated.

meltwaterfalls:
AirBerlin?

Yes. :/

Author hubert
Registered
#41 | Posted: 16 Aug 2017 08:09 
I arrive from Malaga by rental car Thursday evening, stay in La Linea, I've also spots free in the car.

Author tsunami
Registered
#42 | Posted: 19 Aug 2017 11:40 
I decided to stay all 3 nights in Algeciras...for my hotel award program.

I was attacked by Moroccans in Cordova in 2004, but now it seems Moroccan terrorists are wrecking a hovoc all over Europe, including Finland.

Author elsslots
Admin
#43 | Posted: 19 Aug 2017 12:03 
tsunami:
I was attacked by Moroccans in Cordova in 2004, but now it seems Moroccan terrorists are wrecking a hovoc all over Europe, including Finland.

Well, we won't force you to go to Morocco...

Author tsunami
Registered
#44 | Posted: 20 Aug 2017 06:27 | Edited by: tsunami 
I'm just trying to call attention to our safety matters, as the only victim in this group (I'm assuming). Even my Moroccan friend in Germany told me to be extremely careful.

I'm actually worried more about my plan where I travel by myself before and after Gibraltar. That's the parts of my trip I should scrap, if any. But I have no intention to do so :)

Author Jasam
Registered
#45 | Posted: 25 Aug 2017 14:16 
Hi everyone,
This is Samuel, whom some of you may remember from meetup #1 in Rotterdam. I rarely find the time to post but read your comments on an almost daily basis. We will be back this year and are very excited to hang out with the crew again! In case anyone is interested, we will be driving (our own car/2 free spots) from Barcelona (our new location) on the 7th. We will also stay at AC in La Linea (we already stayed there a few weeks ago: ok hotel/so-so neighborhood). We will then rent another car, either in Algeciras or Tetouan if someone can take us there before heading to Casablanca, making stops at the various WHS along the way. We will drive back to Barcelona on the 13th or 14th, again grabbing as many WHS as possible (btw, anyone else noticed that most of the coordinates to the rock art sites in Spain are WAY off, of usually 200m but up to 200km!?).
I also did some research for a guided tour in Tetouan but to no avail.
PS: I have narrowly escaped last week's events on Las Ramblas but refuse to worry!

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website / WHS Meetup 2017 Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®