About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 5 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »  
Author Solivagant
Registered
#61 | Posted: 27 Jun 2017 14:58 | Edited by: Solivagant 
nfmungard:
I was referring to intra site links being broken.

Connections - Memory of the World - last entry - I have seen it on at least one other too but can't rediscover it!
Fatal error: Call to a member function getLink() on null in /usr/home/elsslots/public_html/tags/tag.php on line 61

Author Colvin
Registered
#62 | Posted: 27 Jun 2017 21:16 
Thanks for the updates, Nan and Els! I really like the new pages. Like others, though, I have been having a problem with the Forum link; I keep getting an error message that says "too many redirects". Is this something that would have an easy fix? Thanks again for all your hard work on the new pages!

Author nfmungard
Registered
#63 | Posted: 28 Jun 2017 01:35 
Solivagant

It is a bug. Will investigaet tomorrow when I am back from my business trip. You do not see error messages for a reason: security. It is turned off.

Colvin
What browser are you using? And does this happen on the new or old page?

Author Colvin
Registered
#64 | Posted: 28 Jun 2017 07:49 | Edited by: Colvin 
I'm using the Safari browser when I get the errors, and it is from the new page. I can still,get to the forum from the old page.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#65 | Posted: 28 Jun 2017 09:56 
Colvin:
I'm using the Safari browser when I get the errors, and it is from the new page. I can still,get to the forum from the old page.

Okay. The link is not working on /new as it's a relative link and we don't have a test forum ;)

Author wojtek
Registered
#66 | Posted: 28 Jun 2017 13:23 
I cannot access to my Top 200 sites (error page) and have two new strange "additions" on my list of reviewed sites (I have not even been to both of them). I cannot also access "change reviews" page. Issue is the same on new and old page, for both MS Edge and Chrome.

I really like the new version, big thanks for the good work!

Author nfmungard
Registered
#67 | Posted: 29 Jun 2017 02:12 
wojtek:
I cannot access to my Top 200 sites (error page)

You are referring to data entry? The Top 200 is properly showing on your profile (http://worldheritagesite.org/new/community/Wojciech+Fedoruk). I will deal with the data entry next and address your findings then.

nfmungard:
It is a bug. Will investigaet tomorrow when I am back from my business trip. You do not see error messages for a reason: security. It is turned off.

Bug found and fixed (awaiting deployment). There are tags listing the same site (in this case Istanbul) multiple times. I didn't anticipate that.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#68 | Posted: 29 Jun 2017 02:14 
I also found a bug with the missing sites showing on a users profile. They only show as forum link ;)

Author wojtek
Registered
#69 | Posted: 29 Jun 2017 15:34 
nfmungard:
You are referring to data entry? The Top 200 is properly showing on your profile

I am referring to everything I can access from my personal page (after logging in). I know it is ok on public profile.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#70 | Posted: 29 Jun 2017 16:39 
wojtek

I will look into this next. My plan is to do move all the data entry pages and private sections of the page to:

* default layout.
* standard login library.
* tinymce editor

But let's get this release sorted first. Afaik, Els is already on an Azores high, so it will take a while.

Author clyde
Registered
#71 | Posted: 2 Jul 2017 14:39 
Just something on the wishlist maybe ... it would be nice to have the visited WHS list per user displayed like 'The List' instead of a random list ... i.e. with the country name and relevant WHS visited

Author nfmungard
Registered
#72 | Posted: 2 Jul 2017 15:50 
clyde

Seeing the recent discussions, I was actually looking into a detailed list for sorting and analysis for each user. Sth like /community/clyde/list. On the page itself the space will be too limited.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#73 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 15:24 | Edited by: Solivagant 
I am getting this message a LOT now - but ONLY when I am trying to open the "Community" tab. On other occasions the tab does open but only after 5 minutes of "Waiting for www.worldheritagesite.org". Is it my/my ISP's problem because if others are getting it too I might have expected a comment by now! The message would seem to suggest that the problem is at the web site "end"
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@worldheritagesite.org to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log".

The latest one occurred around 20.18 BST this evening if that helps to find it on the log (I don't know which time zone your server is on!!)

Author nfmungard
Registered
#74 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 15:53 
Solivagant

I hope you are referring to the live version? Or is this related to the /new version? Caching should address this (-> new version), but to align the go live with Els is a bit difficult seeing we both travel every once in a while ;)

Author Solivagant
Registered
#75 | Posted: 6 Jul 2017 16:18 
nfmungard:
I hope you are referring to the live version?

YES

Page  Page 5 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website / Backlog of technical enhancements Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®