About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2  
Author elsslots
Admin
#16 | Posted: 14 Mar 2017 13:04 
nfmungard:
Countrymap not loading either. Will check when I am back home.

nfmungard:
Globalmap.php isn't working. The cached page doesn't load.

Both work for me

Author nfmungard
Registered
#17 | Posted: 14 Mar 2017 13:12 
elsslots

The globalmap.html remains empty. globalmap.php is fine.

Country map seems fine.

Could be an intranet issue. If you are fine all is good.

Author elsslots
Admin
#18 | Posted: 14 Mar 2017 13:13 
nfmungard:
If you are fine all is good.

It's fine

Author mrayers
Registered
#19 | Posted: 15 Mar 2017 14:24 | Edited by: mrayers 
I should mention that I am also not able to properly view the globalmap page since yesterday (all other pages on the site render correctly).

It seems like it might be a css issue?

I have tried that page in several browsers, and all that use Webkit engine look like this:

http://www.terminalia.org/bird/screen1.png

I mainly use the Maxthon browser, which has a "retro mode" (Trident engine), and with that the page looks like:

http://www.terminalia.org/bird/screen2.png

In that case, the map loads, but the page does not display properly, and renders VERY slowly. [EDIT: In this case, the map appears, but the controls don't work properly. I am not able to pan the map, and when I try to zoom, the main map stays the same, but only the overlay with the site location icons changes scale...]

Thanks

Author elsslots
Admin
#20 | Posted: 15 Mar 2017 14:53 | Edited by: elsslots 
mrayers:
renders VERY slowly

Thanks mrayers for your analysis - nfmungard it seems that the most recent version of globalmap.php has become slower, can you have a look at it again?

For me it works well in Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome
P.S.: I've now saved it in Chrome and re-published it, is it OK now for you both mrayers and nfmungard?

Author mrayers
Registered
#21 | Posted: 15 Mar 2017 20:43 
elsslots:
P.S.: I've now saved it in Chrome and re-published it, is it OK now for you both mrayers and nfmungard?

Working great for me now. Thanks!

Author nfmungard
Registered
#22 | Posted: 16 Mar 2017 03:55 | Edited by: nfmungard 
The cached HTML file looks fine. Recommendation would be to cache both this map as well as the alltent map daily.

I will check how this can be done transparently. After the refactoring is done the url rewrites are in place. And some test scripts are done :) Will keep me busy for a while.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website / Backlog of technical enhancements Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®