About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /

Construction works going on

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »  
Author clyde
Registered
#16 | Posted: 23 Sep 2016 04:56 | Edited by: clyde 
That would be great Els! Or else perhaps you could simply add the long list beneath the country list. I like the long scrolling list for the whole recent reviews, however I prefer the previous display of 6 previews of the most recent reviews on the homepage as it involves less scrolling and it gave a quick clear overview upon accessing the site (especially on a tablet device).

Author kintante
Registered
#17 | Posted: 23 Sep 2016 07:39 
Great upgrade! Thanks Els and Nan!

Author hubert
Registered
#18 | Posted: 23 Sep 2016 19:00 
The new design looks great on my tablet, an improvement. Thanks to Els and Nan!

Author Colvin
Registered
#19 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 17:26 
I like the addition of the most recent reviews to the User pages! I have noticed two areas that may need to be fixed. First is that the name of the tab or window for the Map page shows up as "Contact & About" rather than "Map". Second is that the links to Els' additional pictures in her reviews no longer seem to be working. I appreciate all the work you all have put into the site, Els and Nan -- it's looking great!

Author elsslots
Admin
#20 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 23:41 
Thanks, Colvin. Also for pointing out the 2 errors, I hadn't noticed them yet. But they were easy to fix, so should be OK now.

We're still working on a lot of small improvements.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#21 | Posted: 26 Sep 2016 15:30 
Good news for all. We should have a basic map per user pretty soon :)

There are still bad locations in the database and we will fix those. Also, I limited it to one location per site visited. We may have to add a visited location option.

Author kintante
Registered
#22 | Posted: 27 Sep 2016 08:21 
nfmungard
sounds great! this site is already better than the official unesco site. looking forward to my personal map. will we be able to see the maps of the other members?

Author nfmungard
Registered
#23 | Posted: 27 Sep 2016 09:59 
kintante

Part of the user profile page. Yes. It will also be added to the sites and the countries. The code is actually quite small and easy to manage. Key point is that the location coordinates will be embedded directly in each page where needed.

Afterwards we need to:
1) Clean up the data more --> Ian?
2) Create a data entry mask to manage this --> Nan.

I will post a screenshot when I am back at home.

Author clyde
Registered
#24 | Posted: 27 Sep 2016 16:22 
That's great news. It will really be the cherry on the cake and an excellent asset for WH travels ;) well done!

Author Colvin
Registered
#25 | Posted: 27 Sep 2016 20:05 
I look forward to seeing the maps! Incidentally, I see there is no longer a link to the user profile page from the user's reviews on the site review pages. Was this intentional or is this a temporary change? Thanks again for all your work on this!

Author elsslots
Admin
#26 | Posted: 27 Sep 2016 23:41 
Colvin:
temporary change

This was temporary - we couldn't get it back to work on that specific page! But fixed now

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#27 | Posted: 12 Oct 2016 10:33 
Just one little thing, we don't have anything that flags up if a new review is of a Tentative Site, I think we used to have a (T). It would be useful to have some way of flagging them up.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#28 | Posted: 12 Oct 2016 11:23 
meltwaterfalls:
Just one little thing, we don't have anything that flags up if a new review is of a Tentative Site, I think we used to have a (T). It would be useful to have some way of flagging them up.

Noticed that myself. Is a very local change, so will take care of it.

Author Durian
Registered
#29 | Posted: 12 Oct 2016 20:46 
Dear nfmungard, we also have (FT) to indicate former tentative site review.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#30 | Posted: 20 Oct 2016 02:05 | Edited by: Solivagant 
Is it possible to have an "Expand all" feature on those lists which have recently been truncated by country? This appears to include the T List and several others but not the Inscribed list - was that twin approach always intended? Often it is indeed nice to be able to scroll down quickly to a country, expand it and then choose a particular site rather than scroll an enormous list but, on other occasions it is nice to have a full list which one can peruse across countries - I have just tried to look at "Pending sites" and there seems no way of expanding the list other than by expanding each country separately.

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website / Construction works going on Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®