How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /

WHS Map - the Data

Page  Page 16 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  
Author Jasam
Registered
#226 | Posted: 6 Sep 2017 09:30 
[quote=Solivagant]PLEASE(!!!!!!!!!) tell the Forum whenever you find an example - it can only take a few seconds extra if you have already found a discrepancy!!

So much enthusiasm!

If you do a little research you will immediately notice that most of the coordinates provided by the state party / UNESCO are wrong (all those in the sea for a start), but I have no idea where to find the correct ones.

Furthermore, most of the art being inside shelters or caves, it is very difficult to take precise positions with your GPS.

However, I can give you some I took myself in Catalonia (slightly modified so they match Google Earth/Map's satellite maps):
Cova dels Segarulls 41.31424, 1.71498
Abric de Can Ximet 41.30549, 1.70064
Abric de Can Castellvi 41.30566, 1.70018

Solivagant, I'd be delighted to take you to these shelters. And sad you're not coming to the meetup tomorrow!

Author evilweevil
Registered
#227 | Posted: 16 Sep 2017 16:52 
Is it just me or is the Caves & Ice Age Art site not showing up as a visited site on any profile? I checked several, but the area around Ulm is blank on both the visited and unvisited maps of many people.

Author elsslots
Admin
#228 | Posted: 17 Sep 2017 07:46 | Edited by: elsslots 
evilweevil:
Is it just me or is the Caves & Ice Age Art site not showing up as a visited site on any profile? I checked several, but the area around Ulm is blank on both the visited and unvisited maps of many people.

Fixed it! (there was no primary location assigned) (individuals may need to refresh their page via the button on the bottom right to see it directly)

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#229 | Posted: 18 Sep 2017 06:13 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
I just noticed we are missing the marker of Mexico City for the Camino Real de Tierra Adentro map.

The UNESCO sites has the co-ordinates as this somewhat nondescript side alley, confusingly outside the inscribed zone: 19.418333, -99.132778

Perhaps it would be better to use this point just off the Zocalo, as it is slightly offset from our current Mexico City marker, and according to the maps is the precise start point of the Camino Real: 19.433356, -99.129958

Author elsslots
Admin
#230 | Posted: 19 Sep 2017 07:06 
meltwaterfalls:
precise start point of the Camino Real: 19.433356, -99.129958

Thanks, I've added it. 2 other locations were missing, Queretaro and Guanajuato

Page  Page 16 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  14  15  16 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? / WHS Map - the Data Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®