WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2017 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 24 of 24:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  
Author elsslots
Admin
#346 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 23:41 
Solivagant:
Unfortunately we seem to have "lost" our previous list sequenced by no of votes so it is a bit difficult (ELS - WAS THIS INTENDED??)

You mean this one?: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/ranking/most+popular+sites

Author Solivagant
Registered
#347 | Posted: 10 Jul 2017 01:01 | Edited by: Solivagant 
No i meant
http://www.worldheritagesite.org/ranking/most+valuable+sites

By the way - might it be better to open a new topic like "Post 2017 WHC" and transfer posts after the closure of Livestream and any further views about the WHC?

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#348 | Posted: 10 Jul 2017 04:11 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
It was a fairly interesting and diverse bunch this year, (lets ignore another European mine sneaking in there) but I don't think there is anything properly astounding there.

Asmara is probably the most interesting to me, and it seems to others on here. Though it is the first one that encouraged my friends to contact me saying "they've added another weird site to your list, when will you be heading to this bowling alley?"

Of the ones I have visited:
Sambor Prei Kuk - is the best of them, visiting it did feel suitably different to the Angkorian period sites I visited in Cambodia, so is a little more than just "more of the same".

English Lake District - pleasant and worth its place on the list, but nothing truly astounding, the most interesting things for me were its artistic heritage.

Venetian Defence - meh, fine, there are loads of these type of site already on the list. Palmanova looks great from the air, but on the ground visit isn't that remarkable.

Valongo Wharf - in reality this is a pretty underwhelming spectacle, you could easily walk past the site without noticing it (it is 'just' some uncovered paving slabs, slightly lower than the surrounding paving slabs'), but it was a site that really helped me understand Brazil's massive role in the slave trade, and it probably has a direct effect on more people's lives than anything else inscribed this year.

Beech Forest Extension - It was just a park on the outskirts of Brussels, though Beech Trees are fairly nice to look at as they are so tall and thin.

Author elsslots
Admin
#349 | Posted: 10 Jul 2017 12:35 
Solivagant:
By the way - might it be better to open a new topic like "Post 2017 WHC" and transfer posts after the closure of Livestream and any further views about the WHC?

Done! I'll lock this topic

Page  Page 24 of 24:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2017 WHC - Livestream Top
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®