Page  Page 22 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next »  
Author elsslots
Admin
#316 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:23 
Syria has found time to propose minor boundary modifications

Author Colvin
Registered
#317 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:33 | Edited by: Colvin 
I'm just now free to catch up on today's session. I see L'Anse aux Meadows just had a very brief and straightforward boundary modification. If that is the way all sites have gone today, it seems like today must have been much faster.

Author Khuft
Registered
#318 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:39 
Chenonceau castle has been added to Loire Valley.

Author Allan
Registered
#319 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:41 
Apparently Khor Dubai was indeed Referred:
https://twitter.com/NicoleEmilyFran/status/883955318736269312

Just to note, the #saveCredibilityWHC hashtag is quite interesting - the main person responsible for it (https://twitter.com/alebalsamo70) seems to be the WH Nominations and Tentative list manager at UNESCO!

Author Solivagant
Registered
#320 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:43 | Edited by: Solivagant 
meltwaterfalls:
So has Khor Dubai just disappeared?

No - it was discussed first thing this morning.
The committee which was sent off yesterday to agree a draft recommendation had reached an "agreed" conclusion. (I couldn't see how much damage the poor ICOMOS rep had sustained in being persuaded to reach agreement!)
It was put up and voted upon para by para and passed with no further discussion!
Unfortunately. as those looking at this year's streamed meeting will have experienced, it wasn't available to look at on the screen. It was read out but by one of the Secretariat I found difficult to understand and I couldn't for certain state what it contained. As it was passed without any disagreement I presume it can't have been a "Do not inscribe" but as it was passed without great joy or the handing out of brown envelopes full of UAE Dirhams I also assume that it wasn't an "Inscribe" either. Therefore I presume that it got a "Refer" which means it will be inscribed next year I guess!
Past days meetings are available on the Livestream page so it should be available to view again soon - it WAS the first item so should be easy to pick up on

Author Khuft
Registered
#321 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:00 
All "minor" modifications have followed the advisory bodies' recommendation - till now! "In line of new information provided by the State Party", Vietnam wants Wuyi to be extended (ICOMOS wanted Refer, IUCN was fine with it).

Author Colvin
Registered
#322 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:31 | Edited by: Colvin 
The discussion on future approaches to serial nominations (presenting thematic studies to ICOMOS in advance) has just been interrupted by upbeat dance music on the English feed. And now they've fixed it, though it was an entertaining interlude.

Author clyde
Registered
#323 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:33 
Just 1 addition for me then but the Wroclaw hotspot and Germany's ice age caves I'll visit soon :)

Author Colvin
Registered
#324 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:38 
Session closed; chairperson thanks the "survivors" who made it through the long day. A total of 21 new sites inscribed.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#325 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:41 

Author vantcj1
Registered
#326 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 13:45 
Thanks everyone for your comments and reporting on this WHC meeting. The trend seems to be, that as the years go by, discussions are getting more politically fueled, and not only Advisory Bodies reports are overruled, but also the own WHC's procedures are getting more disregarded with time. Well, congratulations to the 21 new WH sites, 4 approved extensions and 1 partial deletion, plus some minor modifications from this year. Now we have 1073 WHS.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#327 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 14:11 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Overturned Decisions
- CAMBODIA Sambor Prei Kuk Archaeological Site D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- DENMARK Kujataa – a subarctic farming landscape in Greenland R (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- INDIA Historic City of Ahmadabad D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- IRAN Historic City of Yazd D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- PALESTINE Hebron/Al-Khalil Old Town N (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- POLAND Tarnowskie Góry Lead-Silver-Zinc Mine D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- SOUTH AFRICA Khomani Cultural Landscape D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)
- TURKEY Aphrodisias D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)

- AZERBAIJAN Historic Centre of Sheki with the Khan's Palace N (Overturned in favor of Referral)
- GERMANY Naumburg Cathedral and the High Medieval Cultural Landscape N (Overturned in favor of Referral)
- JORDAN As-Salt Ecletic Architecture (1865-1915) N (Overturned in favor of Deferral)
- MEXICO Tehuacán-Cuicatlán Valley: originary habitat of Mesoamerica D (Overturned in favor of Referral)
- UAE Khor Dubai, a Traditional Merchants' Harbour N (Overturned in favor of Referral)

Is this all of them, and accurate?

Author vantcj1
Registered
#328 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 14:28 
winterkjm:
- CAMBODIA Sambor Prei Kuk Archaeological Site D (Overturned in favor of Inscription)

Just one comment, in this case, while certainly ICOMOS had ruled Deferral for the whole archaeological zone, it established that if only the Temple Area was put forward, it would rule Inscription. To my understanding and seeing that the name of the inscribed site is "Temple Zone of Sambor Prei Kuk Archaeological Site of ancient Ishanapura", it seems that the second ruling from Icomos was indeed followed.

Author Khuft
Registered
#329 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 14:28 
winterkjm:
Is this all of them, and accurate?

There were a few more minor ones, I think... Of the top of my head:
- Okinoshima: inscription of all components instead of just the ones ICOMOS recommended
- Beech forests: didn't follow this one, but weren't also all components inscribed in this case?
- Wuyi minor border modification: extension despite request for referral by ICOMOS

Author elsslots
Admin
#330 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 14:34 
Khuft:
- Okinoshima: inscription of all components instead of just the ones ICOMOS recommended

Oh, was it? Sure?

Page  Page 22 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2017 WHC - Livestream Top
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®