Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next »  
Author clyde
Registered
#301 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:44 
What about khor dubai?

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#302 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:46 
I missed the discussion on Bagrati Cathedral and Gelati Monastery, so does that mean they have removed the (ruined) cathedral from the World Heritage List?

What was the reason for its removal?

Author Khuft
Registered
#303 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:47 
Valongo next.

Author Khuft
Registered
#304 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:49 
meltwaterfalls:
I missed the discussion on Bagrati Cathedral and Gelati Monastery, so does that mean they have removed the (ruined) cathedral from the World Heritage List?

What was the reason for its removal?

There was no discussion at all on it. The ICOMOS analysis just looked at Gelati itself and whether it had OUV on its own. It seems that the deletion of Bagrati Cathedral (which was reconstructed by Georgia) was decided already at a previous committee, and the question was whether to delete the whole site or to reduce it to Gelati.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#305 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:53 
Khuft:
There was no discussion at all on it. The ICOMOS analysis just looked at Gelati itself and whether it had OUV on its own. It seems that the deletion of Bagrati Cathedral (which was reconstructed by Georgia) was decided already at a previous committee, and the question was whether to delete the whole site or to reduce it to Gelati.

Ah thanks for the explanation, seems odd to not have had a debate on it, but if it was a formality of signing off something from a previous meeting that makes sense.

Author elsslots
Admin
#306 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 11:58 
Has anyone heard what happened to Khor Dubai? Was it discussed this morning?

Author Khuft
Registered
#307 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:03 
elsslots:
Was it discussed this morning?

I missed the first hour or so - so not sure. Sorry!

Author ajoszucs
Registered
#308 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:05 | Edited by: ajoszucs 
meltwaterfalls

The reason is, that the cathedral is not ruined any more. It went though an extensive reconstruction. Practically it was rebuilt. I think Georgia with this move just wanted to avoid the predictable delisting. I visited the site twice. First in 2010 before and then in 2015 after the reconstruction. Though presumably they tried to hold to the original design the church resembled rather to the works of Violet le Duc - the reenactment of the "imaginary middle ages". Seemingly none of the reommendations on reconstruction of monuments were followed.

Author Khuft
Registered
#309 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:08 
Valongo is inscribed.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#310 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:11 
Valongo Wharf inscribed

Els feel free to take some photos from here if you would like them. Though it is just the archaeological remains that have been inscribed rather than the originally proposed wider area.

Author elsslots
Admin
#311 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:15 
Ah, the ambassador of Iran wants to read a poem again! About wine again?

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#312 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:18 
ajoszucs
Thanks ajoszucs for that run down, helps explain the context for it.

Also, I'm going to push for all my meetings at work to end with poems promoting bureaucratic entities.

Author Khuft
Registered
#313 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:19 
Re Khor Dubai: Polish Chairperson mentioned that all nominations have been treated - so does that mean that they dealt with Khor Dubai already?

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#314 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:21 
So has Khor Dubai just disappeared?

Author elsslots
Admin
#315 | Posted: 9 Jul 2017 12:21 
Khuft:
that mean that they dealt with Khor Dubai already?

Yes, it must have been early this morning. I probably can watch it back on the recording

Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2017 WHC - Livestream Top
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®