WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2015 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 4 of 22:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20  21  22  Next »  
Author clyde
Registered
#46 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:31 | Edited by: clyde 
Maymand,Iran - Icomos discusses factual error letter and dossier

Author elsslots
Admin
#47 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:36 
Not such a strong nomination I find (I read the AB ev to prepare a short text for this website). But recommended for Inscription, so it will get in.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#48 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:37 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Yes, I remember it was a problematic nomination in 2013. Since the WHC determined OUV (though vague), ICOMOS did not further evaluate its OUV. A unfortunate reality when Deferrals are overruled. A precedent is then set when this happens, and state parties are clearly aware that if they get a Referral OUV is all but solved. For example, Landscapes of Dauria and Thimlich Ohinga CL no longer have to demonstrate OUV, because they got support by one or two committee members to push for a referral.

MAYMAND VILLAGE
2013 Advisory Body overruled Deferral was advised

2013 Referred (as Cultural Landscape of Maymand)

Author elsslots
Admin
#49 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:41 
ICOMOS apparently is not happy with it

Author clyde
Registered
#50 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:45 
Icomos surprisingly proposes inscription under criterion 5 after dismantling criterion 3 and 4 and expressing doubts whether more tourism would detract value instead of being an added value to the local community

Author elsslots
Admin
#51 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:46 
WHC members are of the opinion that it fills a gap.

Author clyde
Registered
#52 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:48 
It seems that the same people who supported Susa are taking the floor to support Maymand too. Inscription seems to be the likely outcome soon

Author elsslots
Admin
#53 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:54 
Have you identified any outspoken committee members yet?

From the past years I remember the fierce German female duo, and the impeccable Indian gentleman.
The Serbian guy now likes to express his opinions.

Author clyde
Registered
#54 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:55 
Serbia takes the floor to point out that in most cases referral or deferral are perceived as a sort of punishment by state parties but this nomination shows the contrary.

Author elsslots
Admin
#55 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:57 
clyde:
but this nomination shows the contrary.

I doubt if ICOMOS thinks the same. In the introduction by ICOMOS, they seemed surprised that Iran re-nominated Maymand on their own without consulting them

Author clyde
Registered
#56 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:59 
Icomos underlines that tourism management must be sustainable and that tourism must complement agropasturalism and transhumance rather than becoming the most important source of income

Author elsslots
Admin
#57 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:59 
Iran loves UNESCO!

Author winterkjm
Registered
#58 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 04:59 
I seem to remember chairpersons in the past speeding up congratulatory comments, but during the session it is 21 committee members every single time! Which is very tiring for the viewer!

Portugal delegate is very passionate.

Author elsslots
Admin
#59 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 05:00 | Edited by: elsslots 
And of course the Iranian delegate quotes a poet.
The poem is about drinking of wine, an activity that I thought was forbidden in modern Iran

Author winterkjm
Registered
#60 | Posted: 4 Jul 2015 05:01 
elsslots:
Iran loves UNESCO!

Off course, they have been uniquely successful in the last 10 years. Maymand inscription is number 19 for Iran.

Page  Page 4 of 22:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20  21  22  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2015 WHC - Livestream Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®