· Cat Ba Archipelago [Extension] (Vietnam) N
- Saviour Transfiguration Church and St. Sophia Cathedral in the town of Polatsk (Belarus) C
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire - Danube Limes [extension] (Austria, Germany) C
- Chaîne des Puys et faille de Limagne (France) N
- Parc national de Zakouma (Chad) N
- Serra do Divisor National Park (Brazil) N
- The Work of the Engineer Eladio Dieste (Uruguay) C
- Kuwait Towers (Kuwait) C
Chiribequete (Colombia), two Palestinian nominations, Sikhote-Alin extension (Russia), Paraty (Brazil), Mahasthangarh (Bangladesh)
A few comments:
I'm a bit doubtful about Rosia Montana for 2018 (or even later).
Romania is positively surprising.
Palestine is being politically active. The nomination of Hebron is a political bomb, but since it is going to be processed this year I will move my comment about it to the 2017 WHC post.
Bangladesh returned to being active after a very long pause (last active in 1999).
Paraty is inclomplete for the fourth time. Is that a record?
Chiribiquete returns after a long pause (last time it was withdrawn in 2005).
Only one African candidate. No Pacific ones.
Romania, Greenland and Saudi Arabia are especially active.