Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
- defends their efforts to conserve the property, and states the current report is not entirely factual.Highly Critical
- OBSERVER: WWF
- Shares the enormous human impact on the Reef, and states, "We must draw a line in the sand." No development
- Australia has not done enough, major harmful effects on the reef are human made. (dredging, ports, development, agriculture).
- Urges Australia to halt development deemed harmful to site.Expressed Concern
- expresses concern about the integrity of the property.
- Give the floor to WWF
- Concerns about the dredging project.
- Approval of dumping material and dredging in the property is worthy of concern.
- Expresses the huge importance of the property, shares concern.
(Expresses concerns about Australia Government) particularly about water quality. PROPOSED AmendmentSupports actions taken by Australia
- Limited support. Requests state party to clarify if alternative developmental options have been assessed.
- Limited support. "This is a real world", there are challenges, but the discussion is premature.
- Commends the state party, and agrees with the sentiments by Malaysia.
- Support for Australia's efforts to conserve the property.
(fully supports Australia) "Giving the state party more time to address concerns." Highlights and commends conservation of the property so far. PROPOSED Amendment