WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2013 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 3 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  13  Next »  
Author jonathanfr
Registered
#31 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:18 
Cat Tien is a nomination withdrawn at the request of
the State Party.

Author kintante
Registered
#32 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:26 
Tajikistan gets its first WHS. Now upcoming the decision for Mt Etna

Author kintante
Registered
#33 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:39 
... and Mt. Etna is a world heritage site!

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#34 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:44 
Etna as Fuji, is one of the major sites was missing from the list, which makes this year a good year with these two iconic sites.

Author evilweevil
Registered
#35 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:45 
Tajikistan already has a WHS (Sarazm), so this is already its second.

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#36 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:48 
IUCN said there were many volcanoes in Europe on the list, so I'm worried for the Chaîne des Puys next year.

Author kintante
Registered
#37 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:57 
And El Pinacate is a WHS now

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#38 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 05:59 
El Pinacate, another volcano ?! :)

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#39 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 06:42 
jonathanfr:
IUCN said there were many volcanoes in Europe on the list, so I'm worried for the Chaîne des Puys next year.

No need to worry, France have proved to be masters at finding some obscure shrub or mollusc to highlight the importance of, I'm sure it will be fine.

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#40 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 06:49 
thank you for your response ironic ;)

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#41 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:01 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
To keep the irony coming.

One of the big gaps in the list is filled, as yet more Wooden Carpathian Ecclesiastical buildings are listed.

Well done to the Wooden Tserkvas of the Carpathian Region in Poland and Ukraine.

I will try to be a little less snarky on future ones, but the addition of already well represented European Countries getting already well represented forms of site added doesn't fill me with joy to be honest.

Still I'm sure I won't be so critical when I trudge out to see them on a future holiday.

Author meltwaterfalls
Registered
#42 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:32 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Hill Forts of Rajasthan seem to have made it on as well.

NB. I'm relying on Twitter, so there is scope for mistakes

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#43 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:32 
What about Bijagos? I was out to lunch. Thank you.

Author kintante
Registered
#44 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:58 
don't think there was any decision on the Tsverkas or the Hill Forts as they were only discussing natural sites. but I missed everything between El Pinacate and Bijagos for lunch break. As far as I saw Bijagos was deferred, but I missed the final decision.

Author Solivagant
Registered
#45 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 08:05 | Edited by: Solivagant 
kintante:
don't think there was any decision on the Tsverkas or the Hill Forts as they were only discussing natural sites.

They brought these 2 cultural nominations forward on the agenda at the request of the states parties - both were inscribed.

The Hill Forts were "used" as an example of just how much "good" can be done to a nomination from an extra year's work. But ICOMOS had to give on their suggestion about an extension to a privately owned Fort -the (ex-)Maharajah doesn't want his site to be inscribed - Shock, horror!! How can anyone NOT want their site inscribed!!

No negative comment about all the Wooden churches and how many there are - just lots of back-slapping for all the international co-operation between Ukraine/Poland

Bijagos was the subject of an impassioned plea from Senegal not to leave it hanging -as the country needed help etc if all its people weren't to turn to the drugs trade. But then he rather weakly said that we just have to follow the AB recommendation. I wonder if all the delegates have had their cards marked on this subject -i.e don't keep on overturning the AB!

Page  Page 3 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  13  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2013 WHC - Livestream Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®