WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2013 WHC - Livestream

Page  Page 2 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  13  Next »  
Author Durian
Registered
#16 | Posted: 19 Jun 2013 20:51 
meltwaterfalls:
Hi Durian, thanks for the updates

clyde:
thanks for keeping us informed Durian

You're welcome, my time zone is quite good for the live-webcam this year especially in morning and early afternoon sessions, the time most of our european and american friends are still sleeping :)

Author Durian
Registered
#17 | Posted: 19 Jun 2013 22:33 | Edited by: Durian 
20 June session is begin by H.E. Sok An with conservation discussion on Arab/N Africa region. Kashbar of Algeria ICOMOS raised concern on metro system development. Cairo, Egypt has risk on the site from urban regeneration project and illegal high rise building, lack of regulation from political situation and no care on urban fabric/ensemble, but only monuments are well preserved and need boundary modification, ICOMOS want to list Cairo as WHS in danger, but many states not agree as Egypt already did great effort to protect the site and OUV report will be done at the end of this year. Then come of all 6 sites in Syria which damaged in armed conflict especially for Aleppo, ICOMOS, France, Cambodia want to put them in WH in danger. Russia want to discuss site by site, not the whole 6 sites as certain site like Damascus is not in danger, support by Algeria and India. Syria claimed that only Aleppo is under crisis as terrorists set HQ in the ancient mosque. At the end WHC agree by majority to create fund, and working mission similar to Mali decision last year and all 6 sites in Syria are on the list WH in danger, and then a very long discussion on how to write decision especially should or should not to encourage/invite Syria to ratify protocol of certain convention. Be noted that there is no session in the afternoon.

Author kkanekahn
Registered
#18 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 03:01 
I think tomorrow (21 june) decision about new inscription on whl will be started.
Can anybody say me the exact date when the deferred and refered nominations will be evaluated?

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#19 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 03:17 
six Syrian sites inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger

Author Durian
Registered
#20 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 04:54 
kkanekahn:
I think tomorrow (21 june) decision about new inscription on whl will be started.
Can anybody say me the exact date when the deferred and refered nominations will be evaluated?

Nobody know the exact date but normal procedure are Mix Site then Natural Site and Cultural Site, but it can change all the time by request of state party, for example, delegates minister, mayor of the proposed city etc have to return to their country today or tomorrow so they need to shift decision before original schedule. Also host country sometime want to get attention from media they may put certain well known site first to promote the session.

Author elsslots
Admin
#21 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 04:54 
kkanekahn:

I think they will be spread out over June 21 / 22 / 23. They usually group them by Natural first, then Cultural if I remember well

Author elsslots
Admin
#22 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 16:17 
Durian, have you heard what exactly has been decided about Bagrati Cathedral in Georgia?

See this confusing report:
http://en.trend.az/regions/scaucasus/georgia/2163049.html

Author Durian
Registered
#23 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 20:08 | Edited by: Durian 
elsslots:
Durian, have you heard what exactly has been decided about Bagrati Cathedral in Georgia?

Els, unfortunely (or fortunately) I never heard any delisting during this year meeting, only concern, more fact finding, sending more mission, need working group bah..bah.. by committee's many innovation of wordings.

**Sorry, I post the wrong decision from last year.**

Author Durian
Registered
#24 | Posted: 20 Jun 2013 23:02 | Edited by: Durian 
21 June meeting begin, today agenda is about inscription of new WHS. This year, agenda will be Natural then Mix and Cutural Sites. IUCN explained its roles in evaluation process and its recommendation, IUCN informed that all evaluation process report including panel list and reference will be online for transparency.
>
>
Namib Sand Sea, Namibia is the first site to be inscribed with all 4 natural criteria since 2003. Estonia suggested to extend more area to the site, and follow by usual diplomatic congratulation by many states, India praised that this inscription is filling the gap. Finally all end with a very loud and long applauded, a happy day for Namibia.
>
>
Mount Kenya-Lewa Wildllife Conservancy (extension of "Mount Kenya National Park/Natural Forest) is also approved. The extension will include safari grassland and seasonal migrating route. WHC praised the wonderful work of all stakeholders behind the nomination.
>
>
Xinjiang Tianshan, China is inscribed with no problem
>
>
Great Himalayan National Park, India IUCN recommended Defer, WHC concerned on OUV and comparative study especially with the nearby listed Nanda Devi and Valley of Flower NPs, as well as integrity of the whole site. Finally Refer instead of Defer.

Author elsslots
Admin
#25 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 00:12 | Edited by: elsslots 
Durian:
Xinjiang Tianshan, China

This one also has been approved

Kazachstan, Kirgizstan, Uzbekistan working on a transnational nomination, which will be submitted later this year. (Western Tianshan). They were not asked to join China, so that will be a separate nomination.

Kazachstan (I believe) is a bit annoyed about that, but no discussion follows about the subject.

Author kkanekahn
Registered
#26 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 02:13 
Nss is really a valuable addition to whs.Now we have 21 sites inscribed on all natural criteria.Others are
•Canaima National Park
•Galapagos Islands
•Glacier parks
•Grand Canyon
•Great Barrier Reef
•Great Smoky Mountains
•Gunung Mulu
•Lake Baikal
•Ngorongoro
•Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve
•Sangay National Park
•Shark Bay
•Talamanca Range-La Amistad Reserves
•Tasmanian Wilderness
•Te Wahipounamu
•Three parallel rivers of Yunnan
•Vallée de Mai
•Volcanoes of Kamchatka
•Wet Tropics of Queensland
•Yellowstone

Author kkanekahn
Registered
#27 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 03:04 
Unfortunately I missed the evaluation of NSS, GHNP,Xinjiang Tianshan .
It is not still uploaded in youtube.Can you give me other links to watch those missed evaluations?

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#28 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 03:52 
and now Mount Hamiguitan...

Author Durian
Registered
#29 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 03:53 | Edited by: Durian 
Afternoon agenda begin with Mt. Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary, Philippines located in Mindanao Island and is the home of rare the Philippines eagle, IUCN admit potential OUV with support from Government and NGO including indegenious people; however site still have problem of boundery and land claim, so originally recommended Defer. Malaysia and other Asian countries want it to be inscribed support by many committee, but some still have question and want all problem to be solved before inscribe also there is a problem of procedure in WHC, so Germany and France recommended referral, so WHC go with this option REFERRAL.
>
>
Tajik National Park (Mountains of the Pamirs), Tajikistan once deferral four years ago but after expand area to 20% of the country, now the site of "The Roof of the World" is well recommended by IUCN, and WHC agree to INSCRIBE, and congratulate to the first WHS from Tajikistan.
>
>
Mount Etna, Italy IUCN noted that there are many volcano currently on the list, but for such iconic and significant site like Mt. Etna, IUCN decided to inscribe, and WHC support the idea and INSCRIBE and invite the sustainable development to the site.
>
>
the last natural site to consider this year El Pinacate and Gran Desierto de Altar Biosphere Reserve, Mexico This site also got positive recommended by IUCN.
>
>
Actually it should be Mix site that to be discuss but India and Poland asked their site to discuss today so come Hill Forts of Rajastan, even had some concern on private ownership of maharaja, the sites is inscribed smoothly.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#30 | Posted: 21 Jun 2013 04:06 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Seems Mt. Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary is heading toward Referral...Seems like most state parties avoid deferral because it is so much more work.

Page  Page 2 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  13  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2013 WHC - Livestream Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®