WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /

2016 WHC

Page  Page 24 of 24:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  
Author vantcj1
Registered
#346 | Posted: 9 Aug 2016 12:18 
Seems very interesting, meltwaterfalls! As I discussed early on, well before inscription, as an architect I admire a lot the work of Le Corbusier. Not just in the physical evidence of the buildings, but also in the sustaining principles, which evolved for years, and which I think were the reason to inscribe so many of his sites and not just the most representative, because these principles is what was most influential from his work. It is the case of some of his most underwhelming buildings, sometimes in them he experienced principles that he had only developed theoretically, experimented in these works and applied later at a more perfect state in later works. Like here in Immeuble Clarté, that is the reflection of his urban proposition of the Ville Radieuse (as a model for an urban residence which could be replicated ad infinitum) and that was reflected in Immeuble Clarté and perfected in the Unités d'Habitation.

Page  Page 24 of 24:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions / 2016 WHC Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®